Past Fire Apparatus
1920 Childs Pumper
This being Montgomery #1's first fire engine, it is
parked in front of our first firehouse, a bay in the Belle Mead Garage.
It was purchased in 1939 for $300.00, from New Egypt, New Jersey. In 1947
this engine was given to our sister company Montgomery #2, Station 46.
1947 Ward LaFrance Pumper
1957 Ford 1000 Gallon Tanker
This tanker was built for us in Bound Brook, New Jersey
and carried 1000 gallons of water. It utilized a direct gear pump, capable
of 250 GPM.
1966 Maxim Pumper (45-101)
This Maxim pumper served the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Dept. from 1966
Today it is restored to its original equipment and is a show winner at
1967 Dodge Power Wagon (45-141)
Parked in front of our old firehouse on Route 206 is our brush truck 45-141.
It was purchased in 1967, and is pictured with its original tank.
1977 GMC E-One Pumper (45-102)
Known in Somerset County as "The White Tornado", 45-102 served
the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Dept from 1977 to 1997. During its years
with us it was originally used just as an engine. But, when the Dept.
purchased the HURST Jaws Of Life, the truck was reconfigured to carry
the extrication equipment. Having both fire suppression and extrication
equipment on board, made it a very versatile rescue truck.